As at 8 July 2022
Here at Muse, we create a luxury social commerce platform that allows you to create content and interact with others on our website and app. At the same time, we are committed to the personal right of people to control how their personal information is handled by others.
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Personal Information has the meaning given in the Privacy Act.
- What Personal Information we collect
- We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Identification information that can reasonably identify a person including: name and date of birth.
- Contact details that can be used to contact you including street/mailing address, telephone numbers, email address and social media handles.
- Contacts Data permissions are requested from our app and data is stored on our servers in order to provide functionality related to exclusive membership invites.
- Device information from a device used to interact with us including IP address, device ID/type, geo-location, connection information, page views and behaviour, advertisement data, device signals and cookie data.
- Product/service/transaction information detailing our products and services for which enquiries have been made or that we’ve provided including any relevant dates, fees quoted or charged, feedback provided, enquiries made, data regarding bids, purchases, or sales that you provide in a transaction, delivery (such as shipment numbers and tracking information) if sent through one of our services, and any other additional information necessary to deliver those products and services or respond to enquiries.
- Miscellaneous information which we may collect including any further information which facilitates our interaction, including
- If you use our payment services, we may collect additional identification data and payment information (such as bank account number) that you provide when making or receiving payments through our services.
- Content that you share with other users through the website or app.
- You may provide us with additional information through a web form or by updating or adding information to your account, by participating in surveys, dispute resolution, customer service calls recorded with your consent, or if you contact us for any other reason regarding our services.
- The type of Personal Information which we collect will largely depend upon the type of interaction we have with you.
- Why we collect and use Personal Information
- We collect and use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Allow access and use of our website or app.
- To communicate and respond including sending support/admin messages, providing information requested, request feedback and answer enquiries.
- To market and advertise including sending promotional messages and information that may be of interest to you including those of our business partners but only with your consent.
- To process your transactions when you are buying or selling via our website or app.
- To power our products and services and optimise their delivery including personalising the products and services to strive for the best user experience, for internal purposes such as auditing or data analysis, or for troubleshooting.
- To comply with legal obligations including regulatory requirements, prevention, detection and mitigation of illegal activities, dispute resolution and enforce any of our obligations to third parties including business partners.
- We will use all reasonable efforts to only use your Personal Information where we have a valid legal basis.
- How we collect Personal Information
- We may collect Personal Information either directly from you or from trusted third parties.
- We may collect Personal Information directly when you:
- provide it to us when you use our service or use an email address to sign up for a Muse account, create or share content and message or communications with other users;
- interact with our website or app including its content, enquiries page and advertising, we collect automatically when data is generated as part of your transactions or through your other actions; or
- communicate with us through correspondence be it through email, chats or social media.
- When you create or share content via our website or app, particularly live content, we may need your consent to access your camera, microphone and photo gallery on your device. We will seek consent from you directly at the time in which we require access. If you do not consent to our ability to access these, the associated functionality (including, for example, creating and sharing content) may not be available to you on our website or app.
- We may collect Personal Information from third parties to the extent permitted by applicable law or where you have consented for the purpose of providing you our services. You may provide us information from various third-party services, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Apple and Google. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a third-party platform or social media network, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third-party.
- Our service is only available to users aged 13 or over. The service is not aimed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect data from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not allowed to use our service. If you think a child under 13 has given us their data, please contact us using the details set out in clause 9.7 so we can remove this data and terminate the relevant account.
- How we store Personal Information
- We will store Personal Information only where we need to, how long we keep it, otherwise de-identified.
- We may hold Personal Information in either physical or electronic form.
- We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information we hold from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access. The steps include administrative and technical measures.
- That said, you need to be aware that no method of internet transmission or electronic storage is completely secure. Therefore, despite our best efforts, we can’t guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
- To whom we may disclose personal information
- We may disclose Personal Information for the purposes set out above to:
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- service providers and third-party suppliers who may perform certain tasks on our behalf including:
- Amazon Web Services for our servers and cloud storage;
- Cometchat for our in-app chat functionality;
- Pinata for our generating and storing NFTs via InterPlanetary File System protocol;
- OneSignal for push notifications; and
- DHL for integrated logistical services;
- other users, including to sellers when you make a purchase, or to the broader user base when you upload content publicly. We do not control how other users will utilise your information;
- specific third parties to whom we’ve received direct authorisation from you to transfer Personal Information held by us; and
- other persons, including government or regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies as authorised by law.
- Where we may disclose Personal Information
We are headquartered in Australia and do not disclose Personal Information outside of Australia.
- When we will de-identify/destroy your Personal Information
- Your Personal Information, your choice
- Unless there are legal impediments preventing us, you will be able to access details of your Personal Information that we store.
- Once you have access to your Personal Information you may correct your Personal Information that we store.
- You can choose to withdraw your consent for us to collect and process your Personal Information at any time. This process may take up to three (3) business days to process your request.
- However, if you choose to withdraw your consent, we may not be able to:
- provide you with the products or services you want;
- manage or administer the products or services you have with us;
- personalise your experience with us;
- verify your identify and/or protect against fraudulent activities; or
- notify you about other products or services that might be of interest to you.
- You may ask us to permanently delete your account including the associated Personal Information from our storage. However, our ability to process your request will be subject to our own legal, compliance, tax, regulatory obligations. Furthermore, once permanently deleted you will no longer be able to access your account including any associated data and the right to receive any further commissions from us.
- If you have a complaint about how we handle your Personal Information, you’re always welcome to contact us. We are committed to resolving any complaint you may have and do the right thing. We’ll aim to resolve things within five (5) business days.
- If you need to contact us for the purposes of any of clauses 9.1 (access), 9.2 (correct), 9.3 (withdraw your consent), 9.5 (delete) and 9.6 (complain) then you may reach out and contact us by any of the following means:
- Using the ‘Contact us’ section on our website: www.jointhemuse.com.
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you still feel though that your issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, then you can escalate your privacy concern to the Office of Australian Information Commissioner. Their contact details are as follow:
Telephone: 1300 363 992
- Other Important Information regarding Data Protection
The effort to protect your own personal data
- When you share your personal data on our website or app, please note that other users may have access to the information you share. For example, other users can see your bids, purchases, items for sale, saved interests, sellers and searches, storefronts, product reviews and associated comments. Other users can also see any information you choose to share in your profile or via your content include live content.
- When you use our services, your profile username may be displayed and available to the public and associated with all of your public activity. Notices sent to other users about suspicious activity and notice violations on our sites may refer to your profile username and specific items. Accordingly, if you use a username that allows others to identify you, these others may be able to identify your activities.
If you stay signed in
- When you sign in to your account on our services, we give you the option to stay signed in to your account for certain amount of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to do so as other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed-in period without any further authorisation.
- You can typically end your signed-in session by either signing out and/or clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed-in session. If you are using a public or shared computer, you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using our services to protect your account and your personal data.